Prawns tempura – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Prawns tempura using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawns tempura
- It’s of For the prawns batter.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need 900 g of large prawns, peeled with tails on.
- You need 420 g of plain flour, sifted and divided.
- You need 475 ml of water.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of For marination prawn.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Tempura sauce, for dipping, recipe follows.
- You need of For the tempura sauce.
- You need 120 ml of soy sauce.
- Prepare 475 ml of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish stock.
Prawns tempura Instructions
- Wash prawns then marinate for a while with soya sauce, black pepper and salt.
- In a deep-fryer or large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 10cm. Heat over medium heat until a pea-size drop of batter floats but does not swell, about 175°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine 280g of flour, the water, and the egg. Whisk lightly until ingredients are combined (batter will be slightly lumpy). In a shallow dish, pour remaining flour. Dredge prawns in flour and then dip into the batter. Fry in batches for 2 to 3 mins per batch, turning to brown on all sides.
- Remove from oil and drain on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Serve hot with tempura sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
- For the tempura sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the water, soy sauce and seafood stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 to 15 mins, stirring frequently.