Fried Mayo-Panko Shrimp – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Fried Mayo-Panko Shrimp using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Mayo-Panko Shrimp
- It’s 1 of as many (to taste) Shrimp.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Panko.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
Fried Mayo-Panko Shrimp Instructions
- Cut into the shrimp from the back side, butterfly them and take out the veins. (Be careful not to cut the shrimp in half.)
- Wash the butterflied shrimp under running water, and pat dry with paper towels. Line the shrimp up facing in alternate directions as shown in the photo.
- Spread out a piece of plastic wrap about 3-4 times the length of the shrimp. Put the butterflied and dried shrimp on the plastic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and spread with mayonnaise using the back of a spoon.
- Coat with panko.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the breaded shrimp, and press down with your hands.
- Turn the wrapped shrimp over (be careful not the let the panko spill out). Sprinkle the other sides of the shrimp with salt and pepper, spread with mayo, and coat with panko.
- Wrap up the shrimp completely with the plastic wrap. You can freeze them at this stage. Once the panko have adhered to the surface, fry the shrimp right away.
- If you have frozen the shrimp, just break off as many as you need and fry them.
- Fry them in a generous amount of oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain the oil. (If it's a bother, just serve the shrimp straight away on a bed of shredded cabbage.)
- This was my hubby's bento one day. The shrimp are next to the broccoli.