Kakiage (mixed Tempura) – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Kakiage (mixed Tempura) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kakiage (mixed Tempura)
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of small carrot.
- It’s 0.4 of burdock root (optional).
- It’s of dried or fresh shrimp.
- You need 400 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- It’s of finishing salt.
Kakiage (mixed Tempura) Step By Step
- Pour water in a deep bowl and add the egg. It is important to put the egg in a bowl of water (not other way around). Mix well until the egg has dissolved. Through away the foam formed on the surface. Sift the flour. Place 1 cup of above egg water in a different bowl and add 1/3 of flour, mix gently with a whisk. Repeat twice to add all the flour. Add 3 tbsp of egg water to this to make a lighter batter for Kakiage. Do not over mix!
- Slice the onion thinly, julienne the carrots and burdock root. Dip the burdock root in a bowl of water with dash of vinegar to keep the white color. Dry all the vegetable well add the shrimp and toss it with 2tbsp of flour.
- Heat aprox. 3cm of oil in a flying pan till 185℃
- Pour the batter in the bowl vegetable, toss it well together. Use a ladle, preferably with holes, or a turner to shape the batter. Slide it in gently in to the heated oil from the side of the pan. Top up the batter, if needed.
- Turn over after 1-1.5 minutes, and fry for another 1- 1.5 minutes. Take the Kakiage out before it browns, draining as much oil as possible over the pan as you do. Serve with good finishing salt.