Taiwanese Daikon Radish Cakes – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Taiwanese Daikon Radish Cakes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Daikon Radish Cakes
- You need 200 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 110 grams of Boiling water.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- You need 240 grams of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 60 grams of Dried shrimp.
- You need 1 tbsp of Scallion, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of ●Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ●Sesame seed oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
Taiwanese Daikon Radish Cakes Instructions
- Finely julienne the daikon radish, work the salt into it, and let sit for 5 minutes. Soak the dried shrimp in water. Combine the daikon radish, shrimp, minced scallions, and the ● seasonings.
- Mix the flour and hot water together with chopsticks. Once cool, knead a bit, cover with paper towels, and let rest. Divide into 10 equal balls.
- Press each ball flat.
- Roll with a rolling pin until about 10 cm in diameter.
- Top the dough with the mixed filling.
- Wrap up them into buns.
- This recipe yields 10 buns.
- Heat some oil (amount separate from listed ingredients) in a pan and arrange the buns inside. Be sure to slowly cook them over low heat.
- Flip them over to cook the other side.
- And they're done!