Hiyayakko Surprise – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Hiyayakko Surprise using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hiyayakko Surprise
- You need 150 grams of Tofu.
- It’s 150 ml of Soy milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dashi stock.
- It’s 5 grams of Gelatin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 2 of Okra.
- You need 3 of Shrimp.
- You need 50 ml of Mentsuyu (2x concentrate).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 of Shiso leaves.
Hiyayakko Surprise Instructions
- Boil the shrimp and okra in salted water, and cut into small pieces. Dissolve the gelatin in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Put tofu in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Combine the tofu, soy milk, and dashi stock granules in a small pot over low heat. Add the dissolved gelatin, mix well, then cool.
- Pour the liquid to about 1/4 of the silicon cups. Chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool.
- Place the shrimp and okra.
- Pour the rest of the tofu mixture into the cups. Wrap with cling film, and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour until set.
- Combine the mentsuyu and katakuriko well, and heat over low to thicken. Cool.
- When firm, transfer to a plate. Pour the sauce over, and sprinkle with shiso leaves if you like.
- I used silicon cups bought at the 100 yen store. They're easy to use as you can remove the tofu by flipping the cups. Alternatively, you could use pudding cups or small bowls.