Red Lentils and squash soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Red Lentils and squash soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Lentils and squash soup
- It’s 3 cups of cubed butternut sqaush.
- You need 4 of parsnips cubed.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot chopped.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock low sodium.
- Prepare 2 cups of red lentils.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cumin ( optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
Red Lentils and squash soup Instructions
- Saute onion in olive oil til soft. Add sqaush, parsnips, and carrot. Continue cooking for 3 minutes
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add red lentils and cumin. Simmer til lentils begin to break apart. About 20 minutes. May need to add water if too thick up to 2 cups.
- In small batches blend until smooth in blender ( or use stick blender ). Add salt and pepper as desired and reheat to serve.
- Thick and creamy.