Chicken Noodle Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Chicken Noodle Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of rib celery, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts or thighs.
- It’s 2 litres of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon cube, crushed.
- You need 1 tin of sweetcorn.
- You need 1 packet of egg noodles.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
Chicken Noodle Soup Instructions
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion for 2 minutes until soft, add the garlic, celery and carrots and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stock, crushed bouillon and sweetcorn. Top up with water if needed to cover all the ingredients.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cover with lid to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to shred the meat and discard of any bones.
- Add the chicken back into the soup along with the noodles. Cover and cook for 6-8 or until noodles are cooked, stirring occasionally to seperate the noodles.
- Mix through the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. You can also add some chilli flakes for a bit of a kick!