Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 3 ounces of oil.
- It’s 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- Prepare 1 of each butternut squash(about 2.5 pounds)-peeled,seeded and large dice.
- It’s 6 of small carrots- small dice.
- It’s 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste.
- You need 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup Instructions
- Peel,seed and cut the butternut squash in large chunks,dice carrots and onions to a small dice.
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the carrots,squash and chicken stock in pot with the onions and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When the carrots and the butternut squash are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you.
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Some people like it spicy so add addition red curry paste or any other type of hot spicy ingredient that you like.
- We add fried onions and chopped bacon as a garnish