Chilli Prawn Linguine – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Chilli Prawn Linguine using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilli Prawn Linguine
- You need 200 grams of Raw prawns.
- You need 250 grams of Fresh linguine.
- You need 50 grams of Tinned anchovies.
- It’s 1 of Red chilli.
- Prepare 200 grams of Jarred red peppers.
- It’s 250 grams of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 bunch of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato puree.
- It’s 1 of Red onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Chilli Prawn Linguine Step By Step
- Add a lug of olive oil to a frying pan. Dice the red onion and sweat over a low heat with the tomatoes and chilli for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes have softened, squash gently to release the pips to begin making your sauce
- Add the parsley stalks, finely chopped garlic, chopped red peppers, anchovies, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and a squeeze of lemon
- Transfer to a small saucepan and cover. Leave to simmer over a low heat for another 15-20 minutes, adding water if necessary to stop the sauce sticking
- Season your sauce and purée to desired consistency
- Cook the fresh linguine (can substitute dried but allow for longer cooking time) for 5 minutes. Drain and put a small cup of the water from the pan to the side
- While the linguine is cooking, add prawns to the sauce and cook for 2-4 minutes
- Mix the linguine in with sauce, using a small amount of the water left from the pasta to loosen the sauce.
- Serve the dish, garnish with remaining parsley and a squeeze of lemon