Southern Country Boil – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Southern Country Boil using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Country Boil
- Prepare of Main Ingredients.
- It’s 6 each of corn on cob – halved.
- It’s 8 medium of red potatoes – quarted or halved.
- You need 4 quart of water or enough to cover.
- Prepare 1 packages of par or fully cooked crab legs (look in your freezer section) If you can find fresh use instead..
- It’s 1 lb of raw jumbo shrimp- deviened (peel/tail-on optional).
- It’s 6 each of smoked sausage links like polish kilbasa.
- You need of seasoning.
- It’s 1 packages of Old Bay crab/seafood boil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of Serving and garnish options.
- You need 3 each of lemons – wedged or sliced.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley or scallions.
- Prepare 1 cup of melted butter.
Southern Country Boil Instructions
- Start with 2 quarts of water in a very large stock pot. place on high heat to boil.
- Halve or quarter red potatoes to roughly same size and add to pot. Cook until tender but slightly under done
- Add sausage links, corn cobs, Old Bay season bag, and salt to pot. Add more water to cover if needed. Bring back to boil.
- Add crab legs and time cooking according to package (5-7min) . Add more water to cover if needed, making sure water is still very hot. 5 mins after adding crab, add shrimp. shrimp should cook only 2-3 mins. cover your pot and remove from heat. let steep for additional 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook your seafood ingredients! This can happen quickly and you will end up with tough seafood. good rule of thumb for shrimp is the shape in which it curls up. C is for cooked, O is for overcooked.
- remove all ingredients from pot and place on a large platter. serve with melted butter and lemon wedges. garnish with chopped parsley or scallions if desired.