Spicy vegetable & lentil soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Spicy vegetable & lentil soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy vegetable & lentil soup
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of red chilli, deseeded and chopped.
- It’s Half of a butternut squash, chopped into cubes.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need Half of a swede, cubed.
- You need 1 of red or yellow pepper, diced.
- You need Handful of spinach.
- It’s 1 cup of red lentils.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 pint of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of medium curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt and black pepper.
Spicy vegetable & lentil soup Step By Step
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan or stockpot. Add the onion, garlic and leek and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add carrots, swede and squash and cook for a few minutes. Add vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add the remaining vegetables, lentils and spices and simmer gently until all the vegetables and lentils are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, and purée with a hand blender until as smooth as you like. Add salt and black pepper to taste and stir thoroughly.
- Serve into bowls and top with fresh coriander and black pepper.