Macaroni au Gratin for Beginners – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Macaroni au Gratin for Beginners using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Macaroni au Gratin for Beginners
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Plain flour.
- You need 300 ml of Milk.
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Bouillon or consommé.
- You need 1 of Cheese (I recommend a melting type).
- It’s 2 of Egg ( if you like ).
- It’s 1 of Grated cheese.
- You need 1 of Panko (optional).
- It’s 160 grams of Macaroni (80 g per serving).
- You need 20 of Shrimp (frozen OK).
- You need 1 of half Onion, large.
Macaroni au Gratin for Beginners Step By Step
- Add salt (not listed) to plenty of hot water, and boil the macaroni as directed on the package (I like it al dente).
- Add the flour to a cup, and mix in the milk a little at a time. Be careful to avoid lumping! Really just a little at a time!
- Slice the onion, and cook in an oiled frying pan until wilted.
- Melt the butter over high heat in the same frying pan with the onions. Once melted add Step 2 and cook.
- Mix, and after 2 to 3 minutes it'll look like this. Then reduce to medium heat.
- Time for the flavor. Add the consomme (or bouillon), salt, and pepper and mix.
- Mix in the frozen shrimp. Once they've thawed add the macaroni and keep mixing. This gives you the filling!!
- Place into a heat-resistant container, place the cheese on top, then top with grated cheese and panko. You can also add an egg if you like.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown. About 15-20 minutes at 200℃? Adjust accordingly depending on your oven at home.
- Time to enjoy!