Squash and red lentil soup – vegan – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Squash and red lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash and red lentil soup – vegan
- It’s 250 g of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s of to sprinkle on top.
- You need of Za’atar.
- Prepare of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- It’s of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
Squash and red lentil soup – vegan Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins – til the squash is tender.
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon.
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins.
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins.
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋