Shrimp Ceviche – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp Ceviche using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Ceviche
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp peeled and devined.
- You need 5 of large tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large white onion.
- You need 2-5 of serrano or jalapeño peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- It’s 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare to taste of Guacamaya or Huichol hot sauce.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Shrimp Ceviche Instructions
- Slice shrimp in half lengthwise, and cut into small pieces.
- Place shrimp in large bowl and add salt and lime juice. There should be enough juice to fully coat all the shrimp pieces. Mix very well, take the time to separate all the pieces. The shrimp should NOT be sticking to each other, if it is, then add more lime juice. SHRIMP IS "COOKED" WHEN IT IS OPAQUE. By the time you chop the other ingredients it should be done.
- Super finely chop the peppers. How many you want is up to you. I like mine spicy so I add a lot. Its just important to really finely chop, because big chunks of pepper gives uneven spice.
- Chop the tomoates and onions to a fine dice.
- Add vegetables to the shrimp and lime mixture.
- Add ketchup, more salt and pepper, and hot sauce. The reason why i recommend Guacamaya or Huichol hot sauce is because it gives the heat without any extra condiments that would interfere with the flavor of the shrimp; like a hot sauce like tapatio or cholula would.
- Mix everything well. And maintain refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Enjoy with tostadas or plain corn chips!
- Sidenote: this recipe existed before Clamato came out, we do not use it because we feel it waters down the flavor.