Spiced Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Spiced Butternut Squash Soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 32 ounces of Turkey Stock (Chicken broth can be substituted).
- Prepare 1 of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of coriander.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds (for topping).
- You need 1/2 cup of queso fresco (for topping).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
Spiced Butternut Squash Soup Instructions
- Peel the squash and remove seeds
- Cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- In a large pot, combine turkey stock and squash. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender. (About 30-40 minutes)
- Meanwhile, dice onion and mince garlic. Saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add garlic, saute until lightly browned and fragrant.
- When squash is tender, use a slotted spoon to transfer to blender. Add about 1/4 cup of liquid from the pot. Remove center from blender lid and replace with a towel to allow steam to escape. Blend with onions and garlic until smooth.
- Add pureed squash back into pot. Add spices and stir well.
- Return soup to gentle simmer and let flavors develop in covered pot for at least 30 minutes but up to 2 hours.
- Stir well before serving and top with pumpkin seeds and cheese.