Jamaican chicken soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Jamaican chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican chicken soup
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 4 pieces of chicken on bone.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chicken powder.
- You need 1 of grace chicken noodle soup mix.
- It’s 1 of lump of butter.
- Prepare 1 of scotch bonnet.
- You need 7 of white flesh sweet potatoes small.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pimento berries or all spice berries.
- Prepare Half of a medium pumpkin.
- It’s 1 of medium cassava.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- It’s 2 of corn on the cob.
- It’s of Dumplings.
- It’s 250 g of flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
Jamaican chicken soup Step By Step
- Peel and cube the pumpkin And remove the seeds. Place in boiled water until soft and remove from the water. Keep the water in the pot. Mash the soft pumpkin and place it back in the pot of water.
- Add the washed chicken pieces in to the pot, along with the thyme, spring onions, pimento beans or all spice berries (I used all spice). Poke a little hole in the scotch bonnet and add to the pot. You might want to remove the scotch bonnet after 20 mins to avoid it being too spicy. I kept mine in.
- Peel and cut the potatoes, Carrot, cassava and cut sweet corn. Rinse and then put these in the pot also. Also add the packet of grace chicken noodle soup mix.
- Whilst this is cooking, prepare the dumplings. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix with a bit of water. It should start to form a dough. Add more flour if too sticky. Once the dough is less sticky, start to knead it and create little long sticks. Put these into the pot too.
- The potatoes and cassava pieces should now be soft. Add in the butter and chicken powder. Add additional seasoning to suit your tastes. I used butter, salt and chicken powder for mine and it was perfect.
- Enjoy! 😋😋😋