Shrimp & Cheddar Jalapeño Grits with Cajun cream sauce – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp & Cheddar Jalapeño Grits with Cajun cream sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp & Cheddar Jalapeño Grits with Cajun cream sauce
- Prepare 1 packages of Raw easy peel shrimp 41/50 count.
- Prepare 6 of green onions chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow corn grits (also known as polenta).
- It’s 1 packages of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 of fresh jalapeños(seeds removed and chopped into small dice).
- Prepare 1/2 packages of bacon cooked crispy and crumbled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning for sauce + 1 tbsp for seasoning shrimp.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Old Bay seasoning.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of milk (heated).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
Shrimp & Cheddar Jalapeño Grits with Cajun cream sauce Instructions
- Remove shells and tails from shrimp. Clean and rinse shrimp and place them on a plate. Season shrimp on both sides with 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- Chop up a half package of bacon and cook nice and crispy (but do not overcook). Remove from heat. Spoon bacon onto plate lined with paper towel to collect grease. Set aside. Leave bacon grease in pan because you will cook shrimp in same pan later.
- Prepare your grits as directed by package. But right before water boils add your chopped jalapeños. When your grits are finished cooking turn off heat and slowly stir in 1/2 a package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese until blended.
- In small sauce pan on low heat melt your butter. Whisk in your flour one spoon at a time. Cook butter flour mixture about 2 minutes to cook flour taste away. Constantly stirring. Slowly whisk in milk, parmesan cheese, cajun seasoning, Old Bay, salt and sugar.Turn heat up to medium. You should still stir sauce frequently. Let sauce simmer to a boil. Boil about 2 minutes to promote thickening. Turn off heat.
- Turn on pan with bacon drippings on medium heat. Add your raw marinated cajun shrimp. Cook shrimp about 2-3 minutes per side. Don't over cook shrimp.
- Pour about 1/2 ladle full of your Cajun cream sauce in a serving bowl. Then spoon about 1/2 cup of your Cheddar Jalapeño grits. Now add about 5-6 shrimp atop grits. Sprinkle crispy bacon pieces and green onions to finish.