Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 1 of Onion ( Finely Chopped ) -.
- You need 5 pods of Garlic – ( Finely chopped ).
- You need of Parsley Cilantro /.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Vegetable broth Chicken stock /.
- Prepare 1 inch of Cinnamon -.
- Prepare 1 tspn of Curry Powder – (Optional ).
- Prepare to taste of Pepper Powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Butternut Squash Soup Step By Step
- Peel the skin, remove the seeds from the squash and cut them into cubes
- Heat butter in a saucepan and add cinnamon and onion once hot. Saute for a couple of minutes until onion turns translucent
- Add little amount of salt and curry powder and give it a nice mix
- Drop the squash chunks and garlic into the sauce pan
- Add half a cup of water, mix well and close the pan with a tight lid for about 15 minutes until the squash gets tender
- Pour 2 cups veg / Chicken stock and cook for couple of minutes
- Turn off the flame and let the squash cool for sometime
- Once cool blend the squash either with a hand blender or a food processor into a smooth mixture
- Once again heat the soup for about 5 minutes. Add stock if the soup is too thick
- Sprinkle pepper powder to taste and check for salt
- Once done transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with finely chopped parsley or cilantro and serve hot.