Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche
- It’s 1 cup of minced onion (I like smaller pieces in ceviche, and especially with winter onions that are extra sulfury.).
- Prepare 1 cup of seeded and minced cucumber (I like Persian cucumbers aka baby cucumbers).
- Prepare 2 cups of diced tomato.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of minced jalapeño or serrano chilies (keep seeds if you like it hotter, remove the vein and seeds if you like it milder).
- Prepare 1/2 pound of raw Bay scallops (80/100 count), cut into roughly 1/4-inch pieces (you can just do a rough chop – don't have to slice each one individually).
- It’s 1/2 pound of precooked shrimp (see notes above re: shrimp).
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice, depending on how acidic you like things (probably anywhere from 4 to 7 limes, depending on size and juiciness).
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of salt to start.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar to tame the acid of the lime juice.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of chopped cilantro (I use stems and all).
Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche Step By Step
- Put onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, chilies, shrimps, and scallops in mixing bowl.
- Squeeze and measure your lime juice and add to ceviche mixture along with salt and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and adjust seasoning if needed. You might like a little more salt, depending on how salty your seafood ingredients were to begin with.
- Add cilantro and stir in to thoroughly incorporate.
- As long as your scallops are nice and fresh, you could just eat it straight away, but if you like them to steep in the seasoning and lime juice for a while, cover and refrigerate for an hour or two before serving with tostadas or tortilla chips.
- Enjoy! 🙂