Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prepare 3 cup of Reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 3/4 lb of Chicken legs, thighs, or boneless breasts.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, peeled.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 medium of Onions, sliced.
- It’s 2 large of Carrots, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 large of Celery, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Wide noodles or pasta shells.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh dill, chopped.
Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup Instructions
- In a large pot, combine broth, 2 cups water, chicken, garlic, and salt. Bring to boil over high heat, reduce to simmer, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and garlic to cutting board. Discard garlic and strip meat from bones (if necessary) and dice. Skim fat from broth.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to broth. Return to boil.
- Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are almost tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add pasta/noodles and cook uncovered 7 minutes. Add diced chicken and cook until pasta/noodles are tender, about 3 minutes longer.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with dill.