Shrimp mofongo – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp mofongo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp mofongo
- You need 2 of green plantains.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of canola oil for frying.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic depending on your taste.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of large raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- It’s of Chopped up cilantro.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion.
- It’s of Adobo according to your liking.
- Prepare 1/4 of th Chicken bouillon cube.
Shrimp mofongo Instructions
- Start with peeling the green plantains. Cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces. You can start mincing the yellow onions and take your cilantro, wash it and then chop it up.
- Start heating up a frying pan. Fill with the oil and once it’s hot start adding the green plantains. Fry for a couple of minutes until you feel it start getting soft on the inside. Flip them on the other side. Fry for a couple of more minutes then take them out. Put them on a plate lined up with paper towel so it can soak up the grease.
- Take a pan and put the olive oil. Put the 4th of the bouillon cube in the oil. Add lime juice adobo, cilantro and onion start frying. Add the garlic. Fry for about 1 minute then add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure you don’t overcook the shrimp.
- Take a bowl or a pilon and add the fried green plantains. That will be where you will mash the plantains into the round form. Add a small amount of garlic. Mash until soft. Once the plantains have taken its form take it out and put it on the plate. Add the shrimp on the mofongo. 🙂