Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup
- It’s 1 of Butternut Squash.
- You need 2 of Smoked Chicken Drumsticks.
- It’s 1/2 of Delicata Squash.
- It’s 1 of Poblano Pepper.
- You need 1 of Small Sweet Onion.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 2 Cans of Chicken Broth low sodium.
- You need 1 tsp of Sazon Seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- It’s 2 tsp of Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary.
Spiralized Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wrap onion and garlic in foil with a little oil and place onto a baking sheet with 1 poblano pepper and put in oven.
- Roughly chop the round bottom portion of the butternut squash. Place on a baking sheet and dust both sides with coriander and sazon then place into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine the chicken broth, buttermilk, 1 tsp ground coriander and blue cheese crumbles in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- When the butternut squash, onion, garlic and poblano are done roasting remove the charred outer skins and add to the pot. Blend smooth with an immersion blender.
- Shred the chicken and add to the pot. A rotisserie chicken can be used or even a rinsed and drained can of beans in place of smoked chicken.
- Peel and spiralize the remaining portion of the butternut squash. Chop the delicata squash into half rounds and add both the to the pot.
- Finely chop the rosemary stir in and let simmer for an hour before serving.