Creamy Potato Soup with Butternut Squash – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Creamy Potato Soup with Butternut Squash using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Soup with Butternut Squash
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, crushed or minced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/9 tsp of ground basil.
- You need 1 medium of butternut squash, cubed.
- It’s 3 cup of Vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of grated cheese of choice.
- Prepare 1 cup of scallions, chopped.
Creamy Potato Soup with Butternut Squash Step By Step
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano and cumin and cook, stirring, for approximately two minutes taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the diced squash, stirring and sautéing until they get slightly crispy, then remove and set aside.
- Add the potatoes and any more seasonings if you are running low. Cook for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add enough chicken broth to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender; approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth, or using a food processor, process until smooth. If you prefer some texture blend until only a few pieces of potato remain whole. If you've used a processor, return it to the pot when done.
- Add the cream and whisk well to combine. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the sauteed Squash, then return to the stove and cook until heated through.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and top with pinches of the cheese and scallions. Serve immediately.