Shrimp Jambalaya – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp Jambalaya using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Jambalaya
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, cubed.
- You need 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- You need 2 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/9 of to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 can of (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1 lb of cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
Shrimp Jambalaya Step By Step
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add the broth, rice, Creole seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, shrimp and peas; heat through.
- Nutritional Analysis: 1-1/2 cups equals 397 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.