Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean)
- Prepare 2 Handfuls of dried chili (soaked and blend till it became paste).
- It’s 1 of Whole onion (blend with the soaked dried chili).
- Prepare 3 of shallots (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (sliced thinly).
- You need 3-4 tbsp of tamarind juice.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar (depends on the spiciness of your dried chili).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 10 cloves of Stink bean.
- Prepare of Prawn (can be substituted with the seafood that you like).
- You need 5 tbsp of cooking oil.
Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) Instructions
- Pour the oil into the wok let it be hot enough to fry our shallots and garlic
- Throw in the garlic and shallots into the oil and fry them until golden brown
- Add in the chili paste and stir
- After the chili paste is cooked, add in the sugar and stir. To know whether the chili paste is cooked, you can see the oil covering the chili.
- After a few stirring, you wanted to add the tamarind juice and let the paste cooked for a while.
- Next, add the stink bean. And let it cooked for about 10 mins
- Add salt to taste
- Add in the prawn and let them cooked for 7-10 mins and you’re done!
- This is the final look! Yum!