Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 2 cups of dry -wide noodles- cooked,and rinsed to stop the cooking.
- Prepare 2 quarts of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of chicken- cooked — diced 1/4" (rotisserie chickens are very good).
- Prepare 3 ounce of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots – small diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet onions — small dice.
- You need 1 stalk of celery — small dice.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 2 cups of potatoes — small dice- place in water so as not to brown.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of rubbed sage.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of cilantro- lightly chopped with no stems.
- You need 2 ounce of lime juice.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Noodle Soup Instructions
- Cook wide noodles in a pot of boiling water per the product directions. Drain and rinse with cold water then place in a bowl for later
- Place oil, carrots, onions, celery, drained potatoes and garlic in a 4 qt sauce pan. Sweat the vegetable, covered at a moderate heat for 5 minutes we are not trying to brown, just draw out the liquid.
- Add the cooked chicken, thyme, sage and cumin.
- Sprinkle and stir in the flour.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil then turn to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the noodles,cilantro and lime juice and adjust the seasoning as needed.