Shrimp and Vegetable Pasta – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp and Vegetable Pasta using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Vegetable Pasta
- You need 4 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini sliced.
- Prepare 1 lb of large shell-on shrimp.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 8 oz of spaghetti noodles.
- You need 1 tsp of creole or cajun seasoning (I use Tony Cachere's).
Shrimp and Vegetable Pasta Instructions
- Peel raw shrimp. Set shrimp aside in a bowl, sprinkle with creole seasoning, toss to coat, and return to refrigerator.
- Place shrimp shells in a small saucepan, add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Pour liquid through a strainer into a bowl. Throw away shells.
- While stock is simmering, cook noodles according to package directions, and begin cooking remaining ingredients.
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a deep sided skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Cook until they just begin to soften (about 5 minutes). Add zucchini and shrimp. Continue cooking until shrimp is almost done, about 5 minutes more.
- Add shrimp stock. Bring to a boil. Let cook uncovered 5 minutes more. Stir in remaining butter until melted and incorporated. Add cooked noodles and toss to coat in sauce. Serve hot. Enjoy!