Shrimp Wonton Soup – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp Wonton Soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Wonton Soup
- You need of Stock:.
- It’s 1 tbls of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbls of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 oz of shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed greens or 2 baby book choy or both.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tbls of yellow miso paste, or more, to taste.
- It’s of Wontons:.
- It’s 8 oz of medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbls of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbls of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbls of freshly grated ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sriracha, optional.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 36 (2 inch) of Wonton wrappers.
Shrimp Wonton Soup Instructions
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, green onions, oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper.
- To assemble the wontons, place wrappers on a work surface (I usually do 3 at a time). Keep remaining wrappers under a slightly damp cloth, they dry out quickly. Spoon appx 1 tsp of the shrimp mixture on to the center of the wrappers. Using your finger, rub the edge of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to creat a triangle, pinch the edges to seal, set aside.
- Heat 1 tbls sesame oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth, mushrooms and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in greens and/or bok choy, and green onions. Stir in miso paste until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir I wontons until cooked through, appx 2-3 minutes