Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- You need 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- It’s 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup Instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel.