Shrimp macaroni and cheese – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp macaroni and cheese using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp macaroni and cheese
- You need 1 lb of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Macaroni and cheese.
- It’s 1 lb of cellentani pasta.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 cups of grated Monterrey jack cheese.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
Shrimp macaroni and cheese Instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions, strain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large (oven proof) iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook 2-3 minutes, flip over, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove shrimp to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into halves. Set aside.
- While shrimp are cooking, preheat oven to 350.
- Keep the drippings in the skillet and melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in cornstarch and remaining seasoning.
- Simmer, whisking constantly until thickened (but not overly thick). Whisk in cheddar, then Monterrey jack. Add shrimp and pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread pasta into an even layer and top with Parmesan. Whisk Panko with melted butter and evenly sprinkle on top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Turn oven to broil to toast Panko for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.