Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- You need 4 cups of Cooked Rice.
- It’s 300 g of Chicken Meat (boneless, skinless, cut into pieces).
- You need 50 g of Dried Anchovies (ikan bilis).
- You need 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- You need 150 g of Water Spinach (kangkung).
- It’s 50 g of Red Onion.
- Prepare of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- You need 6 pc (20 g) of Red Bird's Eye Chilli.
- It’s 60 g of Shallots.
- You need 20 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Prepare of For Stir Frying;.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s as needed of Salt.
Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) Instructions
- PRE-COOK; heat 2 Tbsp of oil until hot and fry the dried anchovies until it is brown and crispy. Remove and set aside. Then caramelise the red onion until it is tender and translucent. Remove and set aside. Lastly, cook the eggs scrambled, remove and set aside.
- COOK THE PASTE; Heat 3 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot. Add the Sambal paste, chicken, lime juice, sugar, and cook it until the oil separates from the paste.
- COOK THE RICE; once the oil separates, add in the rice and mix well. Then add in one at a time the eggs, anchovies, onions, mixing well in between them. Season with salt.
- ADD THE SPINACH; Lastly add in the spinach. It might look alot but mix it well; the spinach will wilt and once it has wilted, turn off the heat and keep mixing until the spinach has completely shrunk.