Sambal telur goreng – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Sambal telur goreng using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sambal telur goreng
- Prepare 500 ml of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 6 of hard boiled eggs (peeled).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger (grated).
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemongrass (crushed).
- It’s 4 tbsp of sambal oelek.
- You need 2 of small shallots (finely diced).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of shrimp paste (grilled on foil for 1 min).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 of lime (juice only).
- It’s 1/2 cup of mixed coriander and mint leaves (chopped).
Sambal telur goreng Instructions
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry the eggs until golden. Drain and set aside.
- Carefully pour out most of the hot oil, leaving approximately 2 tbsp in the wok. Return wok to the heat and add the ginger, lemon grass, sambal oelek, garlic, shallot and shrimp paste.
- Stir until fragrant, then add in the tomatoes and sugar. Cook until sauce thickens, then add the dark soy sauce and lime juice.
- Add eggs, fold through the sauce and serve hot with steamed rice and garnish with herbs.