Grilled Citrus Shrimp Skewers – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Grilled Citrus Shrimp Skewers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Citrus Shrimp Skewers
- It’s 1 lb of Shrimp U30 , uncooked, shelled.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Lemon juice fresh-squeezed (about 2 lemons).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Lime juice fresh-squeezed (about 2 limes).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Orange marmalade.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 large cloves of Garlic , minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley fresh , minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
Grilled Citrus Shrimp Skewers Instructions
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on – or be lazy (or as I like to call it efficient) and buy them this way. Thread shrimp onto 12" skewers and place in a large resealable storage bag.
- Pour the lemon and lime juice into a small bowl. Add orange marmalade, oil, garlic, and parsley and red pepper. Whisk together until blended. Reserve 1/4 Cup of the marinade for basting. Pour remaining marinade over the shrimp and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour, turning occasionally. Don't leave them in longer or they'll begin to start cooking and that is just yucky…unless you're making ceviche.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium coals.
- Remove the shrimp skewers from the marinade and discard the bag with the marinade. Then place skewers on the grill and brush with reserved marinade. Grill uncovered for 5 to 6 minutes or until shrimp appears opaque. Turn once and brush again with marinade.
- Serve with brown rice or Israeli couscous, and grilled tomatoes. Brush the tomatoes with some of the reserved marinade during grilling.