Lao Style Spicy Shrimp Ceviche (Laarp) – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Lao Style Spicy Shrimp Ceviche (Laarp) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lao Style Spicy Shrimp Ceviche (Laarp)
- Prepare 1 lb of uncooked devained shrimp.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped scallion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fermented anchovy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of toasted white rice.
- You need 4 piece of dried thai chili.
- Prepare of mint (garnish).
Lao Style Spicy Shrimp Ceviche (Laarp) Instructions
- Finely chop and rinse raw shrimp into a medium bowl and add lime juice on top. Stir and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 mins stirring every 15 mins.
- In a small pan, lightly roast uncooked white rice until brown. Add into blender with dried thai chilis and coarsely blend.
- After shrimp has set for 30 mins, squeeze all the juices from shrimp into a small heated sauce pan. Stir in fermented anchovy sauce until reduced. Keep stirring for about 7-10 mins or until thickened.
- Add reduction to bowl of shrimp and stir in rest of ingredients. Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!