Prawns and chorizo on polenta – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Prawns and chorizo on polenta using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawns and chorizo on polenta
- You need 16 of peeled and deveined raw prawns (I used 31/40 count).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 links of sweet dried Spanish chorizo, sliced 1/4 in thick.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, crushed and sliced.
- It’s 1 of heap tsp Spanish paprika.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry sherry.
- You need 3 cups of whole milk.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 handful of Italian parsley, chopped.
Prawns and chorizo on polenta Step By Step
- Put the prawns in a small pot and add enough extra virgin olive oil to cover them about 2/3 up. Turn the heat to low. Poach the prawns, moving them gently every so often so that each prawn gets a chance to soak in the warm oil. Poach until they just start to go pink (5 to 10 minutes). Remove the prawns to a plate and put them in the fridge. Don't throw away the oil.
- Add a splash of the prawn oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and fry 3 to 4 minutes until they're soft and lightly browned. Add the chorizo and keep cooking until the sausages release their oil and start to crisp, about another 5 minutes. Toss in the garlic and paprika and fry 1 minute more. Add the sherry and let the alcohol cook off, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and start on the polenta.
- Add the milk, butter and a couple of pinches of salt to a medium pot and put it on medium heat. Add the cornmeal a little at a time, whisking continually. Cook for 5 minutes or until the polenta's thickened but still a little runny. Whisk in the cheese and add extra salt and pepper to taste. Pour the polenta into a platter.
- Put the pan of chorizo back on medium-high heat. Once it's up to temperature, add the prawns and a good splash of the prawn oil. Cook for 2 minutes, just to warm the prawns through. Mix in the parsley, then pour the mixture over the polenta.