taisen's shrimp and crab scampi – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have taisen's shrimp and crab scampi using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of taisen's shrimp and crab scampi
- It’s 1 of to 2 pounds of shrimp. ( I used pre steamed with old bay from the store ).
- It’s 1 of to 2 pounds of steamed king crab meat or snow crab.
- You need 1 of butter.
- You need 1 of garlic powder or garlic cloves. your choice.
- Prepare 1 small of or medium onion ( you can omit this ).
- It’s 1 of ripe tomato ( you may omit this also ).
- Prepare 1 box of of angel hair pasta.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of old bay for extra spice if you want.
- You need 1 small of amount of oil if you choose.
taisen's shrimp and crab scampi Instructions
- if using onion and/or tomato. dice both. fry/saute in butter and garlic. add tomatoes first then onion until translucent. remove from heat
- start off with peeling the shrimp if store bought pre steamed. take off tails. if you decide to cook raw or frozen shrimp do that normally and if desired add in old bay for seasoning/spice
- if use using pre cooked/steamed snow crab or king crab pick out the meat slowly and carefully to get big chunks from the legs. I didn't use the body meat just the claw meat.
- put all three of these aside and begin cooking the angel hair
- cook until they are almost done but not mushy as you will want to mix and simmer them with the rest OR you can cook them all the way and use the sauce to cover the noodles later
- add shrimp and crab into a frying pan. add a touch of oil then some butter. heat through
- add some garlic, pepper and old bay to taste
- add drained noodles or keep them separate. your choice
- serve hot