tropical shrimp skewers – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook tropical shrimp skewers using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of tropical shrimp skewers
- Prepare 30 large of shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 of bell pepper finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of juice from one orange.
- Prepare 1 of zest from one orange.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut powder.
- It’s 1 dash of zatar seasoning.
- Prepare 2 dash of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of parsly leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 6 of wooden skewers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
tropical shrimp skewers Step By Step
- peal and clean shrimp, and set aside.
- get the 6 wooden skewers , and put 5 shrimp on each skewer. lay the skewers down on a pan lined with aluminum foil.
- in a blender put bell pepper, onion, zatar, salt, pepper, and 3 teaspoons of the coconut powder. finely blend it all together.
- rub each side if the shrimp skewers with the mixture.
- in a small bowl , put juice in it from half of an orange, and 1/4 cup of honey. heat the mixture in microwave till honey is melted and can blend easily with the juice. stirr and and spoon over the shrimp.
- take the rest of the coconut powder, and sprinkle over the shrimp.
- sprinkle the zest from half an orange on top of shrimp.
- put in oven and bake at 220°F Celsius. until shrimp turns pink in color. this takes about 10 minutes. not ( it does not take ling to cook shrimp.) ( as soon as it turns pink it is done, if you cook it too long then it will become rubbery)
- after the shrimp are done take them out of oven and put on a plate.
- in a small bowl heat up juice from half an orange and add 1/4 cup of honey. heat in microwave for 5 to 10 seconds.
- drizzle it over the shrimp in the plate , or you can serve it on the side of the shrimp to dip your shrimp in.
- garnish with parsley and zest from half of an orange