Carrot ginger soup – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Carrot ginger soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot ginger soup
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter or coconut oil.
- You need 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cup of carrots (peeled and chopped).
- You need 1 of large potato (peeled and cubed) or 1 cup cooked lentils.
- You need 1 of celery.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground or fresh ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk or coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper (to taste).
- You need t of tsp thyme.
- You need 2 cup of butternut squash (optional).
Carrot ginger soup Step By Step
- Heat butter over low/medium heat, saute onions until translucent
- Add carrots, potato, celery, broth and ginger. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce to low heat, simmer for approx 30 min or until vegetables tender. Stir occasionally.
- Blend until smooth. Stir in milk, curry, salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat until heated through and reaches desires consistency (approx 10 min)