Chicken noodle soup – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Chicken noodle soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken noodle soup
- Prepare 4 lbs of chicken breast.
- You need 2 of pd egg noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of salted butter.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery with leafy ends.
- It’s 4 of large carrots.
- It’s 3 of zucchini.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 tbs of chicken bouillon base.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dill weed.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
Chicken noodle soup Step By Step
- Add chicken breast to pot, cover with water. Add 1 tbsp of your chicken bouillon, 1 tsp of the onion and garlic powder. Bring to boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes. Do not over cook chicken at this point or it will not be tender in the finished product. You just want to boil until all the blood is cooked out of your meat and breast is white throughout. Remove breast and set aside, covered. Reserve water and return pot to burner.
- Add butter to pot on medium high heat and stir until butter is browned. Add onions, zucchini, carrots, celery and garlic. You do not need to brown your vegetables, just cook until onions are translucent and flavors are brought out.
- Pour reserved broth into pot with vegetables and add water until it reaches about 9 quarts. Add remaining seasonings and bring to rolling boil, lower heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes (or until vegetables are tender) with lid on your pot.
- Shred and add reserved chicken breast along with egg noodles to pot and cook for 8 minutes or until noodles are cooked through.
- I serve mine with freshly baked olive oil bread.