BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo
- Prepare 1 cup of onion, sweet red yellow orange peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of smoked sausage (your choice).
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of boneless chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 of small chicken boullion cube.
- It’s 1 of small beef boullion cube.
- It’s 1 packages of medium gulf shrimp.
- You need 1 packages of shelled crawfish tails Bordeux brand.
- You need 2 can of lump white crabmeat.
- It’s 1 lb of bay scallops.
- You need 1 can of tomato soup.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour (for Roux).
- It’s 1/8 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 slice of butter (for roux color).
- It’s 1 tbsp of cajun or creole seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Gumbo file (optional for those who don't like Okra).
- It’s packages of frozen Okra (Optional).
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo Step By Step
- Cook oil and flour to make Roux. Keep flour and oil on low stirring periodically to keep from burning. Butter helps to darken the Roux. (Can be baked in oven until desired color too!)
- Once Roux is desired color, add all vegetables, sausage, chicken, and all seasonings. Cook 20 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato soup cook 30 minutes stirring occassionally
- Add lump crab, crawfish, shrimp cook 10 minutes
- Add bay scallops (medium to small) your desire
- Add Gumbo File (optional) cook another 10 to 15 Mins
- Eat with Rice or Oyster crackers