Penne with Cajun Hot Links and Chipotle Shrimp – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Penne with Cajun Hot Links and Chipotle Shrimp using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Penne with Cajun Hot Links and Chipotle Shrimp
- Prepare 1 oz of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp (21-25).
- You need 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of chipolte sauce, recipe follows.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 4-6 of beef hot links sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of cooked penne pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of diced roma tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of diced scallions.
- It’s of chipotle sauce:.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 3/4 oz of Dijon mustard.
- You need 3/4 oz of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 of chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce.
Penne with Cajun Hot Links and Chipotle Shrimp Step By Step
- Make chipotle sauce first. Combine all ingredients for sauce in a blender, puree, cover and refrigerate until needed. Cook pasta.
- In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and hot links. Sear links til browned. Add the shrimp and cook til pink. Lower heat to medium. Then add cream, 3/4 of the chipotle sauce, S&P. Add cooked pasta and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, scallions, more sauce, if desired, and grated cheese.
- 1 ounce = 2 Tablespoons