Szechuan Shrimp – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Szechuan Shrimp using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Szechuan Shrimp
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dry sherry.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 lb of shelled and deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 4 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sliced green onions.
Szechuan Shrimp Instructions
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar, ginger, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Stir fry the shrimp until pink and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and set aside covered to stay warm.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and cook stirring continuously until bubbly.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and heat 1 minute more.
- Serve with hot cooked fried or plain rice.