Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 5 small of Butternut Squash seeded, peeled, chopped.
- It’s 1 large of yellow onion sliced into half moons thinly.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of rosemary crushed with coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of ground sage.
- You need 1 of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of or less heavy cream.
Butternut Squash Soup Step By Step
- Peel seed and chop squash
- Slice onion and crush the coriander and rosemary
- Put butter and onion into pot and saute
- Add seasonings
- Add squash and stock
- Cook until squash is very very soft. Turn off heat
- I use a food mill but a blender works just as well. Laddle into blender only half and whizz until nicely creamy.
- Finish blending all mixture and pour back into pot. Check salt and pepper adding if needed.
- Set soup to simmer. When simmering, turn off heat and slowly drizzle in the cream. I only used 1/8th a cup of cream use as much as you would like.
- Stir cream in and serve. We put chopped cooked bacon and a little cheddar. Enjoy!