Double breaded fried shrimp – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Double breaded fried shrimp using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double breaded fried shrimp
- You need 1 lb of raw large shrimp (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of strainer.
- You need 1 of frying pan.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
Double breaded fried shrimp Step By Step
- First, rinse and deshell all the shrimp inside the strainer. If frozen, defrost for 5-7 minutes under cold running water mixing shrimp around a few times to ensure they defrost evenly.
- Next, dry all shrimp between a few paper towels.
- Now, wisk eggs and milk together completely and evenly so it makes a light orange colored mix.
- Next, pour flour and bread crumbs on 2 different plates. This makes it nice and easy to coat the shrimp.
- Now, dip shrimp in egg and milk mixture, and roll in flour coating evenly. Once all shrimp are rolled and coated, dip floured shrimp in egg/milk mixture once again and roll in bread crumbs coating evenly also. Your shrimp are now ready to be fried!
- In frying pan, heat a quarter of an inch to a half an inch of vegetable oil on medium low heat until hot. Adjust temperature if need be, but keep in mind Heating the oil too high can result in a grease fire so use caution when pan frying. Once oil is heated, place shrimp in frying pan turning over once one side is golden brown. About 3-5 minutes.
- Now that all your shrimp are fried, place on paper towels to drain excess oil off. Toss with salt and pepper, and serve with tartar sauce or your other favorite dipping sauce! Enjoy!