Gluten free clam chowder – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Gluten free clam chowder using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten free clam chowder
- It’s 2 cans of mince clams.
- You need 2 cans of chopped clams.
- You need 1 bottle of clam juice.
- It’s 1 quart of heavy cream.
- You need 1 of diced white onion.
- Prepare 1/2-1 stalk of celery finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of full carrot finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen salad shrimp.
- You need 4-8 of white potatoes cubed.
- You need 4 oz of chopped mushrooms.
- It’s 4-5 slices of bacon.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Oregano,.
- It’s of and Tarragon.
- Prepare of corn starch.
Gluten free clam chowder Step By Step
- Chop the onions, mushrooms, potatoes, and bacon.
- In a large pot place in the chopped bacon, stir constantly once browned and rendered remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- Add onion, mushrooms celery and carrots to the pot and cook for about 5 to 7 mins until tranloosent, add you spice mix about half way through. Add the potatoes and mix in for a few more mins.
- Add the clam juice until it is covering all that is in the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes min. Take a cup of the broth and mix in some corn starch at about 15 minutes mark. 10 minutes before serving add shrimp and clams and the heavy cream and simmer.