Old Fashioned Low Country Boil – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Old Fashioned Low Country Boil using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Low Country Boil
- It’s 2 lb of medium sized shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of snow crab legs (or your choice of crab).
- You need 2 lb of sausage (andouille, spicy your choice).
- You need 2 lb of small red potatoes.
- You need 2 loaf of French bread.
- You need 8 of corn on the cob (fresh if possible but frozen is fine).
- You need 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 packages of shrimp, crawfish, crab boil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- You need of butter.
Old Fashioned Low Country Boil Step By Step
- In a large stock pot, fill halfway with water. Add onions, garlic, celery, cayenne pepper, and bring to boil
- Rinse shrimp and crab. Set aside.
- Wash red potatoes. If they are small enough add whole to boiling water. Otherwise slice in half. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Slice ears of corn into two or three chunks. Add to potatoes in boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add seasoning bag to boiling water.
- Slice sausage into chunks. Add to water. Reduce heat. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add crab legs to pot. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. The crab legs should really just be heating up. Adjust the time based on their size.
- Add shrimp to pot. Cover and cook till pink and the shrimp have separated from their shells.
- Slice french bread. Butter and broil until lightly browned. Serve immediately with boil.
- At this point you can remove pot from direct heat and let food absorb more of the flavors from the water, or serve immediately.
- Serve with hot sauce, lemons, and butter.