Gumbo – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Gumbo using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gumbo
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter unsalted.
- You need 1/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare of Andoule Sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of Peeled devine Shrimp.
- It’s 8 oz of Frozen Corn.
- It’s 4 of Ribs Celery diced.
- Prepare 1 of Large onion diced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Large Bell Pepper.
- It’s 2 of Jalapenos diced.
- Prepare 1 oz of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Chicken breast diced.
- Prepare 2 cups of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic chopped.
- Melt butter and add flour to make your roux. Cook down to darken
- In a separate pan on medium heat render Andoule sausage set aside. Add onion, celery, jalapeno and bell pepper cook until translucent.
- Add stock to the roux along with the vegetable mixture and add shrimp, and chicken. Let it cook and simmer until chicken is tender and shrimp is pink. Serve over rice.