Shrimp chowder – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp chowder using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp chowder
- Prepare 1 lb of shrimp diced.
- You need 1 of med potato diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of med onion diced.
- You need 4 strips of bacon cooked & crumbled.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 4 oz of mozzarella diced/ optional.
- Prepare 4 oz of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 1 qt of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Shrimp chowder Step By Step
- Wash shrimp and remove tail and dice
- In a 4 QT pot Saute onion in butter in med heat until tender, add shrimp to give it some color(30 seconds) add heavy cream, diced potatoes,salt and pepper and bring to a boil stirring every couple of minutes so the heavy cream won't stick to pot
- Lower heat to low, add diced mozzarella and simmer until desired consistency, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool a little. Serve in bowl and top with cheddar and bacon. Enjoy