Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder
- You need 6 slice of bacon (cooked and crumbled).
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 large of potato (diced).
- It’s 1 large of red bell pepper.
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Clam juice.
- Prepare 4 cup of corn kernels.
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp (cooked and chopped).
- It’s 2 tsp of hot pepper sauce.
Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder Step By Step
- In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, melt butter and add, onion, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir often until onions are soft. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Put onion mixture into a large pot and add the remaining ingredients. Cook on medium-low heat until potatoes are tender. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, remove 1/3 of the soup from pot. Puree soup in a food processor until smooth, then return to pot and stir.