Lemon shrimp scampi – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Lemon shrimp scampi using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon shrimp scampi
- You need 1/3 cup of Butter (no subs!).
- Prepare 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh minced garlic (or to taste).
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated lemon peel.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice (can reduce to 1/3 cup for less lemony flavor).
- It’s 1 of salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper (lots).
- Prepare 2 lb of large raw shrimp, peeled and devined.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of parm cheese.
- You need 12 oz of Angel hair pasta (or penne/bowtie/etc if you prefer bite sized noodles), cooked.
Lemon shrimp scampi Instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add in green onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes- cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in shrimp- cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper and stir in parsley
- Toss with cooked pasta
- Sprinkle with desired amount of parm cheese